Birds in Work

Welcome to the general discussion forum. All bird related topics may be posted here.

Moderator: cwl50?

Birds in Work

Postby Jim B » Thu May 31, 2007 4:34 am

No time for birding lately but as I was walking by the door in work I heard a very familiar call. To get a feel for how odd a find this was, I work in a very large plant with several large buildings that go on for 330 - 400 yards each. Think very heavy industry. I looked out the door and there on the radio antennae on the building across the way were two Osprey. It made my day quite a bit brighter.
Jim B
Site Admin

Postby cwl50? » Thu May 31, 2007 2:35 pm

Better then what you see most of the time...in that kinda area!
LOL I bet you told the boss you would be worken for free that day!
I have been busy as well....so I know about...not getting to watch the darn birds as well. I dont even have a job!!

CW
cwl50?
Site Admin

Postby Shari » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:49 pm

I'm fortunate enough to work from a home office (when I'm not traveling), so I'm able to keep an eye on things in the backyard. This week has had some interesting surprises....

A female mallard in my birdbath - no kidding. That one caught me off guard. First they are on the roof and now this! It was a low birdbath, but it was still strange to see her in there...for an hour, just hanging out. I mused to myself that she was bird watching.

Baby blue jays - we have about 5 of the little buggers out there and they are hysterical to watch. In about a week, they will attempt to figure out the peanut feeder....always fun!

Shari
Shari

Postby Jim B » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:48 am

Got home from work today and decided to go out for diner. While we were eating I watched five Glossy Ibises (Ibisae?) through the window. That's a pretty good bird to see around here especially when you're not birding.
Jim B
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion