A first for me.

Welcome to the photo and artwork forum. Share your bird photos, artwork, poems and so on here. To learn how click How To Post Photo topic.

Moderator: cwl50?

A first for me.

Postby Cadd50 » Thu May 04, 2006 12:15 am

I've done a lot of hiking over the years but never had the chance to actually find some eggs in a nest. I didn't disturb the nest in anyway. But the parents were really raising a ruckus while I took some pictures. They settled down after I let them be to there selves. The nest was just around 5-6 ft off the ground and I had to hold the camera above my head to take the picture.

Canon EOS 350D Rebel XT | Canon EFS-AF 18-55 3.5-5.6 | Tamron AF 70-300 4.0-5.6 LD Tele-Macro | Hitachi 6 GB Microdrive | Vivatar 2000 EF | Corel Paintshop Pro X | Adobe Photoshop CS2

Toto I don't think we're in Kansas.
Cadd50

Postby petite » Sat May 06, 2006 1:38 am

Perfectly crisp and lovely shot!
petite

Postby Cadd50 » Sat May 06, 2006 9:59 am

I just hope that I didn't keep them off the eggs long enough to disturb the incubation of the chicks inside? I'm tempted to return to the nest on Sat or Sun to see how they are coming along, a shot of the hatch-lings would be nice I think. :)

Thanks I'm glad that you liked it. I take some strange pictures sometimes in other peoples eyes, but I think that's what separates a good photographer & a fantastic one. You have to be willing to go out on a limb when trying to get that special picture, no pun intended. :lol: Although I haven't reached that level yet and may never in my lifetime, I'll keep trying though. :)
Canon EOS 350D Rebel XT | Canon EFS-AF 18-55 3.5-5.6 | Tamron AF 70-300 4.0-5.6 LD Tele-Macro | Hitachi 6 GB Microdrive | Vivatar 2000 EF | Corel Paintshop Pro X | Adobe Photoshop CS2

Toto I don't think we're in Kansas.
Cadd50

Return to Photos and Videos