Hi From Canada

Whoooooo Are You? is a forum for introductions and personal info. Tell us a little about yourself or nothing at all.

Moderator: cwl50?

Hi From Canada

Postby Tammie » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:20 am

Hello from frozen northern Ontario. Thanks to Jim B. for posting about this forum on rec.birds. It looks nice and friendly.

Hope to make some new friends here.

Happy Holidays!
Tammie

Postby Jim B » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:34 am

Welcome Tammie! I just took a quick look at your images. (I'm trying to get my laundry dome before tonight's Live Chat) Awesome Ruffed Grouse! The poplar image should be a Christmas card and the one with the frozen lake reminded me of home when my salt water river freezes over. Anyone else who has a moment,check out Tammie's images by clicking on the little www thingie at the bottom of any of her posts.
Jim B
Site Admin

Hi Tammie

Postby Tanager » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:07 am

Loved your shots of the Ruffed Grouse and Pileated Woodpeckers! And what I wouldn't do to have Pine Grosbeaks at my feeder! I used to see them all the time (I'm from the Rocky Mountain region) but now I live in New England where they are irruptive winter visitors and quite unpredictable.

BTW: your picture labeled "unknown sparrow" december 7 03 is an immature White-crowned Sparrow.

Tanager
Tanager

Re: Hi Tammie

Postby Tammie » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:50 pm

HI and thanks for the warm welcome. :)

I actually knew that about that particular bird but I guess I forgot to change the label on it. Thanks for the reminder.

We get the ruffed grouse and pileated regularly at our cottage, an hour from here. We have a pair of pileateds in the spring but otherwise, normally only see the male. I have pine grosbeaks all winter, from October to May every year. They are my #1 favourite feeder visitor. They are so sweet and photogenic!

Happy Holidays!

Tanager wrote:Loved your shots of the Ruffed Grouse and Pileated Woodpeckers! And what I wouldn't do to have Pine Grosbeaks at my feeder! I used to see them all the time (I'm from the Rocky Mountain region) but now I live in New England where they are irruptive winter visitors and quite unpredictable.

BTW: your picture labeled "unknown sparrow" december 7 03 is an immature White-crowned Sparrow.

Tanager
Tammie

Postby starzz » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:39 am

Hi! I am also from Canada, New Brunswick. Tammie gave me the website address, I think, lastnight! lol
starzz

Postby Jim B » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:53 am

Welcome Starzz! I love Canada! We vacation on PEI in summer and Montreal in other seasons. Now if my Bruins could only beat their hockey teams.....or any team for that matter :roll:

Glad to see your face in the place.
Jim B
Site Admin

Postby cwl50? » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:01 pm

Hello to both of you!! Sorry I have not said hi until now. Jim looks like the B's are not alone the A's are on a streak also.

Clyde
cwl50?
Site Admin

Postby Tammie » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:58 pm

Hiya Sue! Nice to see you made it. :)

Happy Holidays!
Tammie

Return to Welcome Whooooooo Are You?