Red-Bellied Woodpecker

Welcome to the photo and artwork forum. Share your bird photos, artwork, poems and so on here. To learn how click How To Post Photo topic.

Moderator: cwl50?

Red-Bellied Woodpecker

Postby Starzz » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:58 pm

Ahhh! Finally got a picture of him!!!

Starzz

Postby Jim B » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:59 am

Cool ! With the woodpecker going up the tree like that it looks as though you have set up a bird obstacle course.
Jim B
Site Admin

Postby Starzz » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:33 pm

I'll have a feed hanging off the end of the post, after I catch the raccoon!! He seen his friend get caught in the live trap a few weeks ago, and now I can't catch him!! I'll get him eventually! :)
Starzz

Postby cwl50? » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:52 pm

Starzz....the best bait is sweet corn! For the raccoon anyway. Red bellied wp's are a very attractive bird around the yard. Sunflower seeds is maybe the best bait for them here.

Clyde
cwl50?
Site Admin

Postby Starzz » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:46 pm

The rb woodpecker is eating black oiled sunflower seeds. While I was taking his picture, he was pecking at the seeds on the platform feeder. Sometimes he would take a seed up the tree, poke it in the tree, and get the meat out of it that way.
Starzz

Postby Bellie816 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:15 pm

I have been getting a male red-bellied woodpecker and he usually just eats my suet, but lately he has been flying to the ground and eating the corn! He will take one corn kernel at a time and fly off... I've never seen any of them eat corn before so it's sorta funny :)
Jackie
Bellie816

Return to Photos and Videos