Ducks on the roof

Welcome to the general discussion forum. All bird related topics may be posted here.

Moderator: cwl50?

Ducks on the roof

Postby Shari » Mon May 14, 2007 2:26 pm

Ok, so I walked out in my yard yesterday morning to feed the birds. I look up and what do I see? Two male mallards sitting on my roof, just hanging out. We have a tall 2-story house and they looked seriously odd up there.

I've seen all sorts of birds on the roof...doves, robins, woodpeckers, cardinals, and even pigeons....but never ducks.

Guess they liked the view. This IS Kansas after all, so they could see a long way!

Shari
Shari

Postby Jim B » Tue May 15, 2007 12:55 am

That is odd. I saw a male Mallard in a tree once and thought that was weird but I've never seen one on a roof.
Jim B
Site Admin

Postby cwl50? » Tue May 15, 2007 8:39 pm

Better then a Stork!!!! Sorry for the funny!

Hope ya enjoy ducks on the roof!

Clyde
cwl50?
Site Admin

Postby Shari » Wed May 16, 2007 1:40 pm

Hah! Definitely better than a stork....good point!
Shari

Postby cesare » Tue May 29, 2007 3:49 am

Reminds me of the time a few years ago when 2 Canada Geese landed on the top of the bell tower of St. Aloysius church near my home and commenced honking. Of course I did not have my camera with me. It was about 1000AM on a week day so services were not interrupted.
Bob
cesare

Return to General Discussion