Cape Ann Bird Walk - CHANGED to Sunday

Welcome to the general discussion forum. All bird related topics may be posted here.

Moderator: cwl50?

Cape Ann Bird Walk - CHANGED to Sunday

Postby Jim B » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:40 am

Enough of the local Gloucester people have asked if I would do a bird walk so I have decided to give it a try. Of course, FTB regulars are invited as well.

You are invited to join us for a bird walk around Cape Ann on Saturday, April 1st . This very informal walk will be planned for folks who have little or no experience birding but would like to try it to see if it is something they might enjoy. Of course experienced birders are welcome as well.We will meet in the Friendly?s parking lot on Washington Street right off of the circle at 10AM. From there we will carpool to various birding sites around Gloucester and Rockport for three to four hours depending on the number of people who show up.

All you need to do is show up dressed warm enough for the day. We will be spending some time at waterfront locations that may be cold and windy (water temps @ 40F) so dress warm in layers. Bring binoculars, cameras, and other optics as you wish. I will have a scope we can share and a couple of binoculars to pass around. While a bird walk is hardly an aerobic activity, we may end up walking two or three miles in total and may run into some muddy places so comfortable walking boots are recommended.

No pets, alcohol, or children under 12 years old please. If this goes well and there are requests for it we may do a kid?s walk at a later date and/or a sundown Woodcock watch some weekday night.

FTB Bird Walk
April Fools Day
Saturday April 1
10 AM
Friendly?s Parking Lot
Last edited by Jim B on Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim B
Site Admin

Postby cwl50? » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:12 pm

Wish that I could go....Could you give me directions on how to get there?
cwl50?
Site Admin

Postby Jim B » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:54 am

Sure! Head east until you hit a really big body of water. Then head north until you reach the end of the line. You'll be here!
Jim B
Site Admin

Postby Jim B » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:59 am

At this point the weather for the For The Birds bird walk on Saturday seems a bit iffy with rain showers predicted on and off throughout the day. Sunday looks great! For that reason I think it is best if we put it off a day until Sunday. We will meet at 10 AM (don?t forget to change your clocks Saturday night). Anyone interested, just meet me at the Friendly?s parking lot, right off of the rotary. I will be parked by rail overlooking the marsh land. No experience or equipment required.
Jim B
Site Admin

Postby Jim B » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:35 pm

I put a few images from today's walk in the Photo and Art Forum. Click here to View'em
Jim B
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion